[Computer-go] Semeai and ko

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 07:52:39 PDT 2011

I have always found kos in semeais to be bewildering. E.g., I have a hard
time determining who should win, even with plenty of time to work it out.

I know one guideline that is close to ironclad: take the ko last. (That is,
fill other liberties before beginning the ko.)

But I haven't come across any rules for how to count liberties when a ko is
involved.

Can anyone offer guidance on this?

Thanks,
Brian