[Computer-go] New Crazystone - when again?

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 09:39:00 PDT 2011

________________________________
From: RĂ©mi Coulom <Remi.Coulom at free.fr>

> There is at least one huge blunder at the end of that game:
> http://files.gokgs.com/games/2011/4/23/bonobot-ishidasaki-2.sgf

Yes, this is the one where bonobot resigned in (I believe) a clearly won
position. Take the ko, ignore one threat, play M12, ignore a 2nd "free move",
play L10 and take the L9 stones, finally respond to black's two free moves, and
I believe bonobot was still clearly ahead. Dan-level players seemed to be of the
same opinion. In any event, it was certainly playable, not the best time to
resign.

I'd be interested if dan-level players read something different; I'm not in that
league.

In any case, it looks like a great program! I wish you every success in
repairing these flaws and making still more progress.

I'm also interested in seeing how well bonobot does with longer time settings.

Regards,

Terry McIntyre