[Computer-go] New Crazystone - when again?

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Apr 25 05:55:38 PDT 2011

Hi Aja,

> > PS. To which University will the Ph.D. thesis of Aja Huang be submitted?
> > Will the procedure be run in Taiwan or in France?
>
> National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) in Taiwan.

I see, thanks.

> The procedure of thesis defense will run with my main advisor (Professor
> Lin  in Taiwan, who does not understand computer Go at all).

That was almost the same back in 1986 with my doctoral dissertation
at Bielefeld University. I had analysed stochastic models of game
tree search, and the advising Professor was Rudolf Ahlswede (specialzed
in Information Theory and Combinatorics). Only be my research he
learned about game trees.

By the way, your Prof. Lin is likely not "my Wen Wei Lin"?!
I shared a room with him in Bielefeld, when we both were doctoral
students: he in numerical math, me in game trees.
He now is full professor in Taiwan for many years already.

Ingo.