[Computer-go] Pachi Authors

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Apr 18 06:23:16 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 01:13:52PM +0200, "Ingo Althöfer" wrote:
> Of course, you are the pachi programmer from the beginning on.
> But what is now the role of Jean-loup Gailly?
> Has he become a second author with equal rights in the meantime?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "equal rights". :-) I kind of still
reserve the last word about any change going in (and therefore I'm
responsible for all the bugs) and I take care of the core functions
and heuristics (if Pachi engages in its popular pastime and plays out
a broken ladder, that's my fault).

Thanks to Jean-loup, Pachi is one of the best-scaling programs as he's
done all the work on distributed computation and changes elsewhere in
Pachi related to that (better memory allocator, support for larger
floating point types...). We co-authored time management (also quite
a non-trivial piece of Pachi) about 1:1.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis