[Computer-go] Pachi Mailing List

Fuming Wang fumingw85 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 05:58:48 PDT 2011

>  (Also, we have finally set up a real (though simple) homepage for
> Pachi at http://pachi.or.cz/.)
>
>  Happy go research,

According to information on Pachi's homepage, Pachi won a 7h game against
Zhou Junxun 9p, who is an active 9p player and has won at least one world
title. I would say this put Pachi at top amature or beginning pro level. On
the other hand, Pachi is around 3d on KGS, which I am not very familar, but
I am guessing that it only proves that Pachi is at about median amature
level. What's your assessment, and thinkings about this difference (if there
is a difference in your assessment)?

Best,
Fuming