[Computer-go] pro games againt pachi and mogo : miai bot ?

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 10:36:57 PDT 2011

From: Don Dailey <dailey.don at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Alain Baeckeroot
<alain.baeckeroot at laposte.net> wrote:

>Le 14/04/2011 13:32, Olivier Teytaud a écrit :
>

>>  We played games from random positions against a french 5D player (former
>>french champion and terrible for computers as a Monte-Carlo Go expert...).
>>We lost games with moderate number of stones in the initial position, but we
>>won 2 out of 3 games with 180 random stones whereas the human was allowed to
>>choose between black and white (for one position, the human believed it was
>>much easier for black, lost, and replayed the game with white, and lost
>>again). As this would never happen for standard games we can conclude that
>>random positions are a nightmare for humans. We will publish the positions.

I guess this due to lots of miai points.

Can't this give a hint for a bot strategy agaisnt human :
-try to build lots of miai points (maybe whole board like 50% likehood for final
territory)

my 1 cent

Oh come on!   That is worth AT LEAST 2 cents!

Don
 According to the USPS, it's now 44 cents ... the expression originally referred
to the cost of first class postage.

Perhaps this is why the official Consumer Price Index is so low? They've
probably replaced the "cost for a first class stamp" with the "cost for sending
email,"  since so many of us have switched?