[Computer-go] Beta 4 of standard engines "lite" is now Available

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 05:52:00 PDT 2011

I can confirm that NeuroGo is running well for me after Markus's fix. That
is a big help, because NeuroGo provides a different playing style, and it is
faster than GnuGo and almost as strong.

Regarding MoGo crashing: on my system I can get 200 consecutive games from
Mogo, but not 400. But if the issue is file handles then that number will be
system dependent. I have written scripts to work around the limit.

I will experiment with making a lite version of Fuego. I am testing against
Neurogo, Mogo and GnuGo now, and I think Fuego would provide a good balance.
Maybe if I tuned it to around 2000 rating, where it would be ~100 Elo
stronger than the 1000-fixed trial Pebbles that I use for testing.

Thanks,
Brian