[Computer-go] pro games againt pachi and mogo on KGS now

Jean-loup Gailly jloup at gailly.net
Thu Apr 14 03:59:03 PDT 2011

> In England we say  one swallow doesn't make a summer

pachi2 also won the following games:

h7 bigbadwolf 9d
http://files.gokgs.com/games/2011/4/10/bigbadwolf-pachi2.sgf
h6 Tien       8d http://files.gokgs.com/games/2011/4/10/Tien-pachi2.sgf
h6 Cornel     7d http://files.gokgs.com/games/2011/4/10/Cornel-pachi2.sgf
h6 ThunderGod 7d
http://files.gokgs.com/games/2011/4/10/ThunderGod-pachi2.sgf

So the win against 9p was not just a unique lucky accident.
But pachi plays unevenly. It is sometimes brilliant (it impressed the
pros in its game against the 9p today) but sometimes plays awful
moves. For a rating what counts is the average win/loss ratio. If
pachi could play many games at h9 against pros I am very confident it
would win more than 50% of the games. For h7 I don't know.

h6 rengo against 5p+9p at 13:30(mogo) and 15:30(pachi) GMT+2.

Jean-loup