[Computer-go] Beta 4 of standard engines "lite" is now Available

robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 00:00:54 PDT 2011

Hi Brian,

Thanks for running the new pack - you must be ,V! Well spotted, yes I
upped the version of the cygwin.dll to the latest. During the
debugging, Markus' got it working and the original hypothesis was that
the latest version of Cygwin gave us the fix so I upgraded. As you can
see I've failed to upgrade the "Hevy" pack in line with this - it's
still at beta 3. I do apologise. I'm going to have to leave this now
unfortunately for a couple of weeks at least, but may be able to
upgrade the "Hevy" pack when I get back (there are other fixes to go
into Beta 4 too).

I do apologise for my intermittency. Thank you for bearing with me!
It's great that the CGOS ratings are now more stable thanks to Don
adding the comma suffix merging etc. and guys like you running the
pack. I wish I could run it more often myself but restrictions on my
internet connection prevent it a lot of the time.

Thanks again

Raffles