[Computer-go] living by two false eyes

fastgo fastgo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:10:55 PDT 2011

Yes, I use that on 19x19 as well. It is turned on at around 320 steps. The
reason I said it was not very effective is based on comparison between
StoneGrid and MoGo 3.0. Given same time, MoGo 3.0 is much stronger than
StoneGrid on 19x19 on my home PC. As MoGo can perform a lot of more
simulations given same time.

I guess it would help if you simply compare between same engine with one
turned on and the other turned off with same simulations. I did not
thoroughly/seriously tried that, as if I turned it off, there would be a lot
of more end game blunders to be taken care of.