[Computer-go] living by two false eyes

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 10:59:40 PDT 2011

Pebbles used to implement a related concept that terminated playouts when
there was an obvious winner. This was done on the basis of stone count. But
I followed up on a suggestion from Mark Boon, and deleted the code. Pebbles
was just as fast, and simpler, and there was less chance of stumbling onto
bad cases.

But I have not tried to detect unconditional life in the playout, so I will
add that to my long list of ideas to test.

Thanks,
Brian