[Computer-go] living by two false eyes

fastgo fastgo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:48:10 PDT 2011

Generally, game status update performs life and death check. But it is too
slow for playout. So it is turned off at the early stage of the playout.When
the game length reached a certain number for example 63 moves on 9x9, it
started to perform unconditional life and death check.

Once a region is identified as unconditional eye, the move is forbidden from
either side.

It is true that as you pointed out, it may be too late sometimes. But as
long as it gets right with a decent probability, the RAVE will pick it up.
On the tree level, the RAVE will detect the eye point is critical after a
good number of playouts.