[Computer-go] living by two false eyes

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 07:33:20 PDT 2011

The Benson algorithm is used to detect unconditional life. It should
identify these strings as alive, which is good. I think that most of the
problem with the two false eyes is that their owner might incorrectly fill
one of them before reaching a late game stage, so perhaps that does not
solve the problem.

Can you tell me how the Benson algorithm is used in StoneGrid?

Thanks,

Brian