[Computer-go] 7.0 Komi and weird deep search result

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 09:29:08 PDT 2011

I don't know if the worst could be worse; UCT convergence for a 1-ply search
is a probabilistic function with an exponential bound. The bound for an
N-ply search is a tower of N exponentials: Exp(Exp(Exp(...Exp()))). Ugh.

Because of this bound, guessing good moves quickly is absolutely vital for
strong play from UCT. Which calls into question why I haven't taken MM and
Sim Balancing more seriously. :-)