[Computer-go] living by two false eyes

Aja ajahuang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:12:32 PDT 2011

> How about trying not to fill in a false eye unless one of the
> surrounding chains has less than 3 liberties? I'm sure it's not
> perfect, but may be a fairly good rule anyway.

   Interesting idea, Mark. But how about black's E4 in the attached example?
If E4 is not allowed, then in the endgame, the probability to save the F7
stone is getting lower (even 1/3 lower, if E4 has the same probability with
E7 and F6). Then it will cause problem when the game is close, espeically if
F7 is a bigger string.

  Aja