[Computer-go] UCT parameters and application to other games

Daniel Shawul dshawul at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:56:28 PDT 2011

Something I am not clear about is the algorithm used. Or is it just a test
on a single
processor version by giving it more time to search?  If the tree is not
shared as in the 'root parallelization'
scheme, I have doubts if it can search 'deeper' even though nps scales
almost perfectly.
By deeper ,I mean more expansion to the best moves. Since the  processors
are not searching the same tree ,
it seems to me the search in parallel is wider (more alternatives) but not
necessarily deeper searched.
Or is this taken care of by using a lower exploration constant (c) for the
parallel search in the hope that
it would fill the void introduced by adding more selectivity ?