[Computer-go] 7.0 Komi and weird deep search result

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 09:56:54 PDT 2011

>> MCTS using RAVE prioritization *does* converge to game theoretic values
in a
>> binary-valued space.

>Can you reference some more detailed analysis claiming this?

Theorem: In a binary-valued game of finite length, the RAVE score of all
winning moves converges to 1, provided that 0 < FPU < 1.

I posted a proof in this forum a while back. It might have been before we
switched providers.

If you can't find the proof in the archives, you can prove it by induction
on the length of the game.