[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Mon Apr 4 05:15:49 PDT 2011

Thank you Nick for such an exciting and interesting tournament.

In the second line,
>Sunday April 23rd, 2011
              ^^^^3rd

5th and 6th lines,
>format 10-round Swiss
        ^^30
>board size 13x13
            ^^^^^9x9

Middle of the page,
>After round 7, EricaBot was in the lead, being the only player with
>six wins.
Above is a contradiction because EricaBot already lost (at least) two
games, one in the first round and the other in round 6.  I believe
it's Zen9.

About round9:
>In round 9, stv played move 35 as shown in the diagram to the left,
>against Fuego128t. I believe that the upper left white group is now
>dead, as "bent four in the corner".
"Bent four in the corner" is a Japanese rule and cannot be applied
with Chinese rules, in which L&D problems should be solved by playing
and this case is a Ko.  I have no idea why
>Both players played as if they understood this.

BTW, could you make the cross table a bit narrower so that it fits in
my 1024x768 LCD monitor, which shows from the leftmost to the middle
of the "Notes" column?  Without the darker area surrounding the table,
I can see almost all of the table with no horizontal scrolling.

Hideki

--
Hideki Kato <mailto:hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp>