[Computer-go] Where are the Jigo(lo)s?

Aja ajahuang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 01:26:23 PDT 2011

Hi Ingo,

> Do you have some explanation for the missing Jigos?

   Maybe it is because the programs are not so close in playing strength.
Anyway, it is the first KGS tournament of komi 7.0 so maybe most of the
participants didn't prepare well. As far as I know, ManyFaces even didn't
handle Jigo specially.

> Did Erica use some specific opening book for 7.0 ?

    No. I built a very simple book of 1-2 moves manually in 10 mins
yesterday. In Erica, the return value is floating point values, same with
pachi. I did nothing except counting jigo as value of 0.5 (5 mins work).

Aja