[Computer-go] anti-pondering

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Wed Sep 15 08:34:09 PDT 2010

On 09/15/2010 07:09 AM, terry mcintyre wrote:
> There are a fair number of joseki variations which have branches where you are
> not supposed to play X because you lose a capturing race. Initiate such a
> variation, leave it unfinished, move on to the next corner, repeat.

The bot has to comply. It's one thing to speculate, it's quite another
to demonstrate over a series of games that the bot consistently gets
into capturing races that it then loses. I'd love to see this bot-killer
strategy clearly exposed -- not just occasionally, but with something
like 80% or greater reliability.