[Computer-go] beta bot client for GoShrine released

Pete Schwamb pete at schwamb.net
Fri Oct 22 08:24:31 PDT 2010

If you want to try your bot on GoShrine, I have a beta version of the client available now as a ruby gem.

http://github.com/ps2/goshrine_bot

It will *not* work on windows, due to missing functionality in EventMachine.  Anyone with a recent ruby version on linux/unix or macosx should be able to run this.

I've also found some missing pieces in EventMachine that will preclude running on jruby for now.

Again, this is beta, so I expect there to be some issues, and maybe some features you'd expect that I don't have yet.  Please let me know if you encounter any issues, or if you have feature requests, or are having trouble figuring out how to set it up.

Also a reminder: GoShrine uses territory scoring, and the final score is judged by gnugo on the server.  I will look into area scoring if there are enough requests for it.

Thanks,

-Pete