[Computer-go] OS and scoring

Robert Finking robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 13:38:47 PDT 2010

Hurrah!

Pete Schwamb wrote:
> ... firewall friendliness (no special ports)
I like this alot since I don't always have control over the
configuration of the machines/networks I use (depending on where I am),
but port 80 is always open.... similarly almost all the machines I've
come across have a JRE installed by default. I haven't yet come across
an organisation that installs ruby by default. I'm sure there are such
organisations, but not that I deal with. For this reason, I strongly
prefer a Java based solution... however, you can have both (i.e. support
Java with Ruby source code): http://jruby.org/ I think this is like
Jython, but for Ruby.

Regards