[Computer-go] Results from 19x19 Valkyria/1k H9 vs Valkyria/10k

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:59:47 PDT 2010

Lukasz brings up an interesting point. Winrate may not be the ideal
statistic for all situations. Maybe the average score (as used in most
early work on MC), soft-max, or a median tracker would be better for
some situations.

Maybe a nice question for the academics:

If you were free to keep track of a histogram for all possible scores
in each node (so you have everything from winrate at every possible
komi to simply the average score), then what would be the optimal
selection strategy?

And if the above can be answered, what would be the minimum set of
statistics needed to maintain similar performance?

Erik