[Computer-go] I need an off-the-shelf final position live/dead evaluator

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Mon Nov 29 23:31:30 PST 2010

For amateur games, people usually fill all the dame, so the floodfill will
work (provided seki is also evaluated correctly).

People sometimes stop playing before the dame are filled, leaving interior
points that must be connected.  This is a much harder problem.

For this application, I agree that a floodfill should be enough once life
and death is determined.