[Computer-go] intel i5 760 vs amd Phenom II X6 1055T

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Nov 29 18:46:41 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:30:49AM +0800, Fuming Wang wrote:
> I am not doing any tree updates, just pure MC simulation.

Ok, I see!

> 1090T has 6 core and i5 has 4 core, however i5 is better at level 3
> caching (I've been told), so don't know which factor dominates.

I do not think you really need L3 for anything in case of just pure MC
simulation, unless your board structure is prohibitively large?

> i7 920 with 6 core should definitely better than 1090T.

i7-920 has just four cores. And the benchmarks I have seen had been
_far_ from clearly in favor even of the i7 iterations newer than 920.
Overally, it seems to boil down to the particular workload. So I'm
really curious.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis