[Computer-go] I need an off-the-shelf final position live/dead evaluator

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Nov 29 10:01:53 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:13:12AM -0800, David Fotland wrote:
> At the end of the game mcts is pretty good at life and death, but rarely
> gets the exact score.

Yes but once you know which stones you can disregard as being dead,
counting the board becomes a simple flood-fill exercise, isn't it?

I think 95% would be fine for automatic scoring purposes. If you
properly visualise the stones evaluated as dead/alive and let the user
change their status with a single touch, fixing up any errors manually
should be bearable and quick.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis