[Computer-go] I need an off-the-shelf final position live/dead evaluator

Dave Dyer ddyer at real-me.net
Sun Nov 28 01:15:14 PST 2010

At 10:39 PM 11/27/2010, David Fotland wrote:
>Accurate scoring, even at the end of a game, is very difficult.  You have to
>read accurately, and evaluate semeai and seki.

Yup.  I spent years developing the capability to score endgames
at the point where humans typically leave them.  Getting within
a few points of correct 95% of the time is achievable.  The other
5% you will either make whopper mistakes or never terminate.

This is now pretty old, but I don't know of any more recent or better
results. http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/go/scoring-games.html