[Computer-go] I need an off-the-shelf final position live/dead evaluator

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Sat Nov 27 10:07:26 PST 2010

The core life and death evaluator needs a few hundred KB of memory.
Remember that it was originally written to run well under DOS, with a total
memory budget for code and data of about 450 KB.  A full life/death
evaluation tables about 10 to 20 milliseconds on modern hardware.

Reasonable royalty income is at least several thousand dollars a year.
Otherwise it's not worth the distraction, contracts, NDAs, etc.

David