[Computer-go] I need an off-the-shelf final position live/deadevaluator

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sat Nov 27 01:08:12 PST 2010

"Jim Babcock" <jimrandomh at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:AANLkTikCrHyV9PoPokeccm0aJm9N9SNnEvtWosELOHpU at mail.gmail.com...
> I'm working on Go Scoring Camera, an Android cell phone app that will
> photograph a board, do image processing to figure out where the stones
> are, and score the game for you. For the scoring part, I need a liveness
> evaluator; and since this is a previously solved problem, I figure it
> would be best to take one off the shelf. So, I need a recommendation.

Talking about cameras, and Go Boards, here is an old idea of mine:

    Go Game Recording Camera Clocks!-)

Position a camera with a view of the board, and a clock display with
button in reach/view of the players; for every push, record time and
board, reset clocks according to whatever rules are in use. Offer SGF
record with score when game ends (option for high-profile games:
stream SGF to the web, live). Has such been done yet?

Claus