[Computer-go] gogui-twogtp indicates standard deviation, not 95% confidence intervals

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Thu Nov 25 07:29:39 PST 2010

Hi,

I have just figured out that that the intervals indicated by twogtp are not 95% confidence intervals. We used the twogtp confidence intervals in our CG2010 paper, believing they are 95%. But they are in fact standard deviation. They must be multiplied by 1.96 to get 95% confidence. A reviewer of the journal version of our paper correctly pointed out this mistake.

I thought I'd share this with the list. I would not be surprised if we are not the only ones who believed these intervals are 95%.

Rémi