[Computer-go] Visualization request

Michael Williams michaelwilliams75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:43:58 PST 2010

Fuego has a GTP command that will dump N levels of the search tree to
an SGF file (using standard SGF move variation syntax).  So one could
write a script that would take an SGF file as input and output a GTP
file that would walk Fuego through the game, having it ponder each
move and dump some of the tree.  Someone even more skilled in the art
of scripting could then write a script to take those M Fuego-generated
SGF files and combine them into one.  Beyond simply showing alternate
move values along the game, this would allow you to explore alternate
variations (to at most depth N, often less).