[Computer-go] Visualization request

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Nov 24 11:19:05 PST 2010

  Hi!

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 06:59:59AM -0800, Magnus Javerberg wrote:
> As a newbie go-player (12k) I would find it really helpful if I in each position could see the goodness (i.e. UCT winning chance) for all legal moves. Ideal would be one color coded image for each position. I think this would be very helpful for beginners as a tool for reviewing your own matches. I understand that it will require some time to get accurate values, but for me it's not a problem if an analyze takes 8 – 12 hours per game.
>
> Have been considering to do this myself, using Pachi, but unfortunately I’m not much of a c-programmer.

  Getting the data should be reasonably easy. I could whip up something
for you in couple of minutes. However, I'm not much into visualization,
so I'm not sure what to do with the data. ;-)

  Perhaps I could add some gogui support to Pachi to help with this.
I will look into it today/tomorrow.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis