[Computer-go] Beta 3 of standard engines now Available

Robert Finking robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 14:45:34 PST 2010

I've now uploaded the "hevy" engines to the below page. The lite and
heavy packs now give a good spread of ratings (Elo of each engine at the
time of writing this message is shown below).

The "lite" pack runs several lightweight engines in parallel:

    * 893 Elo - Brown 1.0
    * 1176 Elo - Go169
    * 1194 Elo - Amigo 1.7
    * 1388 Elo -Mirror Go player (falls back to Gnu3.8 L1 if mirror is
      broken)
    * 1480 Elo - GnuGo3.8 Monte Carlo with 100 playouts
    * 1706 Elo - NeuroGo 2.1
    * 1798 Elo - GnuGo3.8 Level 1
    * 1982 Elo - Mogo3 (3000 playouts)

The "hevy" pack runs each of the following in sequence:

    * 1706 Elo - Aya 6.34
    * 1821 Elo - GnuGo 3.8 Cosmic
    * 1845 Elo - GnuGo 3.8 Monte Carlo (default 80 000 playouts)
    * 2141 Elo - Mogo3 (10 000 playouts)
    * 2230 Elo - Mogo3 (30 000 playouts)
    * 2471 Elo - Fuego 0.4.1

Most modern machines should be able to run both packs at the same time
without risking any of the engines running out of time. You'll need a
7zip compatible zip program to unzip the Hevy pack (plain old .zip file
was too big to fit on the wiki). The lite pack is just a zip file.
Download from this page:
http://computergo.wikispaces.com/CGOS+Standard+Engine+Packs

I hope this is useful for keeping the rating system stable. I'll try to
run the pack myself, but will be off doing other things for a while now,
and will be focusing on writing my own program when I do get some time
to look at this again.

Cheers

Raffles