[Computer-go] comma bots

Christoph Birk birk at obs.carnegiescience.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:05:19 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Don Dailey wrote:
> There are now several comma bots on the server.   This should have a good
> impact on bringing the ELO ratings in line with the Bayeselo page.   I'm
> currently copying over their ratings every 2 hours.

I thought you only update the Bayeselo page every 6 hours.

I like the idea of allowing ',-bots' for everyone. As you
mentioned earlier, it allows for faster testing, assuming
the pairing algorithm avoid games between ',bots' of the
same "family".

> As a separate issue it is possible to use this copy mechanism for bots who
> have played less than 100 or 200 games.    Since that is probably a huge
> number of bots over time it would be restricted to bots that have recent
> activity, perhaps within the last 24 hours.

About "huge number of bots":
I had a look at the Bayeselo page and found a large number
of bots with less than 100 games (some as low as 30) "polluting"
the page (I noticed "Programs must have played 20 Games").
May I suggest to let these "fall-off" over time, at least
from the web-page? I recommend at least 200 games to
stay permanently. Any bot that has played less than that
can be safely considered a test.

Chrisotph