[Computer-go] cgos bayeselo

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:40:03 PST 2010

> I have a question here. What is the rating on the main list, and how does
> it relate to Bayeselo? E.g. if I look on
> http://cgos.boardspace.net/9x9/bayes.html, I see that _Gnu3.8L1_2 has an
> Elo of 1857 after playing 258 games. On
> http://cgos.boardspace.net/9x9/standings.html (the only page I normally
> look at for ratings) it has a rating of 1760 (after playing 258 games). How
> do these two numbers relate, and also how will it work, copying the Elo
> across to the main table, which at the moment doesn't look like it contains
> Elo? Sorry to ask basic questions - I'm still new =)I see on the Elo page
> that the Lazy,* bots have between them accrued 144 games. and have a
> combined Elo of 2111. But on the main ratings page I see two separate bots,
> Lazy,0 and Lazy,1.  Is the idea that when you do the copy-over, the main
> ratings page will also only show Lazy,* ?

No, the main page will always track the players as separate individuals.
So you should see Lazy,0 and Lazy,1 on the main page.

On the Bayeselo page, which has the most accurate ratings,  you will only
see Lazy,*

When bayeselo runs it produces as output a set of sql commands that (for
now) I will manually run from time to time.    They just update the ratings
field for the comma bots.

So as soon as I update the ratings of the comma bots you will see them start
drifting away until I do the update again.