[Computer-go] CGOS Dropped Connections - Two automatic losses on time.

Christoph Birk birk at obs.carnegiescience.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:39:10 PST 2010

>> 4. Auto-boot login if 2nd attempt is made (with valid password)

This breaks 'cron' scripts that automtically start
programs every so often.
It also raises the question "when" to boot it.
If the programm is currently playing, then it will
lose another game on time because it gets "booted".
(6) should take care of any further losses once a
program has crashed.

>> 5. Auto-boot engines which lose on time

Makes no sense to me. Many time management systems
are adjusted at the high-end, ie. will lose occasionally
on time, even if nothing is wrong.

>> 6. Auto-void games where one player makes no moves

This is a sensible change.

Christoph