[Computer-go] CGOS Dropped Connections - Two automatic losses on time.

Mark Boon tesujisoftware at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:57:25 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Robert Finking
<robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk> wrote:
> A final thought - how about increasing K for games that are lost on time?

Bad idea. I think most top programs will have some sort of
time-management. And I'm willing to bet they reduce the allotted time
to think when the game is in the bag. I.e. it plays faster when it's a
sure win. That way, most of the time is spent getting into the winning
situation in the first place. The longer this takes, the higher the
chance to run out of time.

But if two such programs play against each other, the losing program
will risk running out of time rather than play to the end. I think
they shouldn't be treated any different from a regular loss.

Mark