[Computer-go] OT: prices for fast computer-go hardware

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Sun Nov 7 07:56:49 PST 2010

I recently reached the same conclusion for single-processor systems: a 980x
system seems best.

Building your own is crucial here, as buying pre-built systems will get you
a ton of stuff (graphics cards, RAID, etc.) that computer Go does not need.
And then everything (case, power supply, cooling) will be overbuilt to
match.

Brian

  _____