[Computer-go] OT: prices for fast computer-go hardware

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Nov 7 04:06:14 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 10:41:47AM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> Or going AMD, I found a 4-CPU motherboard [6] for $750, which could be
> fitted with 4 x 6-core 2.2Ghz opterons [7] for $480 x 4. Wow, $3350 for
> a 24-core 2.2Ghz machine? (Perhaps those opterons are only for single
> CPU configurations?)

BTW, last I checked Intel still had *much* faster processors than AMD at
the high end (though you pay more buck per computing power). If someone
has any benchmarks that would point otherwise, I will be glad to see
them, since we are currently picking a new HPC server to buy too.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The true meaning of life is to plant a tree under whose shade