[Computer-go] OT: prices for fast computer-go hardware

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Sun Nov 7 01:30:40 PST 2010

David Fotland: <01d901cb7e1f$5d8d7a30$18a86e90$@com>:
>With all cores going flat out, overclocking is risky.  For Many faces, I
>think 12 GB should be enough, but some testing would confirm.

Dual Xeon motherboards usually have no overclocking feature and
overclocking is not recommended for such dual SMP systems, though
4 GHz is a typical number to achieve with 3.3 GHz Xeon.

If you want to do overclocking, however, please be careful to choose
mother boards and cooling systems.  There are not enough space to
install two large heatsinks on such boards and usually water cooling
is used (with more money :).

Hideki

Hideki Kato <mailto:hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp>