[Computer-go] Many Faces vs. Tromp

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Tue Nov 2 17:27:05 PDT 2010

> Regarding using amazon or "donated cycles", the hardware has to be
> present at the competition site. ...

But it would be interesting to know how strong an opponent you can get
for say $50. Assume a slow game, so two hours of CPU, meaning how many
cores/Ghz can you get for $25/hour?

Let's assume the programs scale as well on clusters as they do on SMP
machines.

Darren

P.S. I chose $50 as I can see people paying that for a teaching game
with a pro. I'm not claiming a game against a computer would be of equal
value; my point is simply people will spend that much on playing a game
of go. And today's $50 is 2012's $10.

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)