[Computer-go] Beta 2 of Standard Engines now available

Robert Finking robertfinkng555 at o2.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 14:53:08 PDT 2010

Hi Markus,

Excellent. Very kind of you. The more the merrier I think - especially
anything that brings diversity such as NeuroGo obviously will. I am
happy to attempt to build under windows - if it doesn't work, nothing
lost. Assuming it does build, you will have to tell me how to configure
it (assuming the command line doesn't have an obvious --help or
similar). Other than that, I see no problems.

How big is the zipped source? Feel free to mail it to me or point me to
a link. Not sure how soon I will get beta3 out, but will do my best to
include it when I do.

Thanks for the generous offer.

Cheers

Raffles

PS if 2 ply is weaker that doesn't mean we can't use it - GnuGo3.8 with
100 playouts is weaker than either 10 playouts, but it is still useful I
think