[Computer-go] The Fourth UEC Cup Entry Now Open

村松正和 muramatu at cs.uec.ac.jp
Mon Nov 1 05:10:51 PDT 2010

Dear all,

 The web page of the fourth UEC Cup computer Go tournament is now open at
 http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/eng/

 Major changes from the last year are:
 1) Usage of remote host is allowed in just the same way as we used in Kanazawa.
 2) No seeding for the final tournament. Every program must fight the
preliminary league.
 3) We are considering the preliminary league system from Swiss to
some other system.
(Although Swiss system is good for determining the first place, but not suitable
 for determining the top 16 programs among 28. Please let me know if you have
 any good idea.)

 The followings are characteristics of the UEC Cup.

 1) Each programmer must show up at the venue.
 2) First day is devoted to the preliminary league.
 3) Single-elimination system is adopted to determine the winner.
 4) Professional players Mr.Cheng Ming Huang(9th-grade) and Ms.Kaori
Aoba(4th-grade)
 will come to the venue to explain the semi-final games and above.
 5) Furthermore, two selected programs can  fight against them.

 Entry is now accepted through the above page.
 Thank you for your attention.

 Masakazu Muramatsu ; muramatu at cs.uec.ac.jp