[Computer-go] effectiveness of transposition tables for go

Jean-loup Gailly jloup at gailly.net
Fri May 7 06:31:56 PDT 2010

Thanks for your answers. So nobody has actually measured the gain (in elo
points)
brought by a transposition table in MCTS, compared to a simple tree, but the
general consensus is that it doesn't not buy much for go. I'm still tempted
to try and do
this measurement myself. Does Zen use a simple tree or a transposition
table?

Jean-loup