[Computer-go] Basic Player (Java)

Tobias Pfeiffer tobias.pfeiffer at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 3 14:01:12 PDT 2010

Dear Computer-Go mailing-list subscribers,

I have a little question and I would be very glad if you could help me
out. I'm part of a seminar group, which is trying to implement a simple
Go-Bot. Therefore we wanted to use a Basic Player so we just need to
care about the algorithms. The language of choice is Java (we got no
C(++)-experts), we already know 3 basic-players:

- plug-and-go
- javaBot by Dan Diley
- Orego

We'd be thankful if anyone could add to the list or point out his/her
favorite. So any comments are welcome.
You can also find the list of the basic players on our wikipage:
http://wiki.govb.de/index.php?title=ComputerGo and while you're there
and have time it'd be nice if you'd take a look on the papers listed and
notify us if you feel that any significant contribution is missing.

Thanks in advance & greetings,
Tobias