[Computer-go] kgs-genmove_cleanup again

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:54:53 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:20:03AM -0700, William Shubert wrote:
>> The difference is that humans can talk with each other to resolve
>> differences. Computers can't. So they must follow a stricter set of
>> rules.
>
> Yes, but if human plays with a computer, it can't talk to the computer
> either.
>
>> Alain has it right. :) I don't see what will go wrong if you change your
>> program to implement the cleanup command correctly. The original email
>> game a log of what happened in a game that ended up wrongly scored, but
>> admits that the program hadn't followed the cleanup protocol fully. If
>> it did, then the game would have been correctly scored. So the problems
>> look to me to be in the program, not in the protocol.
>
> Ok! I just thought the protocol could be easily modified to be more
> user-friendly. I will change Pachi.

What's the easiest way to fix this?

Would it suffice to return no own dead stones at all (to make it
explicit that we now assume everything to be alive) for the
final_status_list dead command after a cleanup phase?

In principle this should force the human player to remove the bot's
dead stones as well, right?

Erik