[Computer-go] kgs-genmove_cleanup again

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Mar 28 16:12:59 PDT 2010

  Hi!

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 04:18:38PM +0200, Alain Baeckeroot wrote:

> Le 28/03/2010 à 01:19, Petr Baudis a écrit :
> >
> >   Hi!
> >
> >   I have yet another query about kgs-genmove_cleanup - I think its
> > behavior now is rather user-unfriendly and also a bit confusing.
> >
> >   The genmove cleanup command is defined "do not pass until there are no
> > dead groups on the board".
>
> This is done in gnugo with the "capture_all_dead".There are some pitfalls,
> but it is not that hard to implement, and it is clean, no possibility
> of mistakes on scoring after this.
>
> I think conforming to the request of the server is better than modifying it
> to afford an half-baked solution, and i bet wms will tell you to fix your
> program :-)

  It is easy to modify Pachi to conform, but I'm arguing that the
current Pachi behavior is more user-friendly and does not work only
because very strange server behavior. I don't see why my solution
would be "unclean" or "half-baked".

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
http://pasky.or.cz/ | "Ars longa, vita brevis." -- Hippocrates