[Computer-go] kgs-genmove_cleanup again

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 07:59:30 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Alain Baeckeroot
<alain.baeckeroot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le 28/03/2010 à 01:19, Petr Baudis a écrit :
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>>   I have yet another query about kgs-genmove_cleanup - I think its
>> behavior now is rather user-unfriendly and also a bit confusing.
>>
>>   The genmove cleanup command is defined "do not pass until there are no
>> dead groups on the board".
>
> This is done in gnugo with the "capture_all_dead".There are some pitfalls,
> but it is not that hard to implement, and it is clean, no possibility
> of mistakes on scoring after this.
>
> I think conforming to the request of the server is better than modifying it
> to afford an half-baked solution, and i bet wms will tell you to fix your
> program :-)

Ok, but why then doesn't the same apply to the human player? Looking
at the game Petr mentioned at the (2nd) end the human player was again
allowed to mark groups dead *without* explicitly capturing them!

I had always assumed that in the cleanup phase the rules are changed
so that finally all remaining stones will be assumed to be alive.
However, apparently the human player is allowed to play under a
different set of rules, which enables him to cheat.

Erik