[Computer-go] Fwd: Fwd: Bots in real-world tournaments

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Thu Mar 4 08:56:07 PST 2010

Since bots can play on KGS to get a rating comparable to an AGA rating,
there is no longer any need to guess at a rating.  This was more of an issue
15 years or 20 years ago.

The other reason to keep bots out is because some people travel to a
tournament and don’t want to waste a round playing a bot.