[Computer-go] Heavy playouts and randomness

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Sun Jun 27 09:39:47 PDT 2010

Maintaining the patterns is trivial.  Using them is expensive, if the
patterns have weights, since you have to build a probability distribution
over the full board.  Crazystone divides the board into rows and columns to
speed this up.  I do something different in Many Faces.  I'm not sure what
pachi and zen do.

David